Matthew 28:20 (NIV) 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
2018/2019 Faith Promise - Our new Faith Promise year (2018/2019) is now underway. Our congregation has promise so far $9,508.00 towards the support of Faith Promise. If by chance you have not been able to make a Faith promise for this year, you still can do so by submitting a Faith Promise slip to Michele Fabiny, (Mission Treasurer). Faith Promise slips are available upon request at the church.
1. What is Faith Promise? Faith Promise is way of giving to world evangelism. Rather than waiting to respond to individual appeals as they come along, believers ask the Lord how much they should give to missions over the next year. They then commit to that annual total as a "Faith Promise." Faith Promise thus makes missions giving strategic rather than sporadic.
2. What's the relationship between Faith Promise and paying a tithe? Faith Promise giving is over and above the tithe. Tithing is a clear scriptural principle, dating back to the earliest pages of Genesis. Tithing recognizes God's ownership over me and all that I have. In practical terms, tithe money runs the local church and its ministries. Faith Promise is a way for us give specifically to reaching the unreached of the world. Faith Promise giving tangibly expresses my desire that the whole world know the Good News.
3. How do I get the funds to fulfill my Faith Promise? God may increase your income. God may decrease your expenses. God may lead you to sacrifice.
4. Do I give my Faith Promise before I get it? A Faith Promise is a FAITH commitment. Promise only what you believe God wants to give through you. Then trust God to be faithful in this promise. Your Faith Promise involvement says that you believe: World evangelism is vital to accomplishing the mission of the church. The gospel can change lives Giving, although important, is secondary to faith and praying God will help pay the amount promised
5. How do I give my Faith Promise? Give regularly if you can. Missionaries need regular support. Some Faith Promises, however, depend on annual, one-time income. These can be paid when those monies are received.
6. Is this a pledge and will I be notified of my progress? This is a promise to God, not a pledge to the church. Your Faith Promise amount is between you and God. No one will notify you or keep track of your progress toward your commitment.
7. Who can make a Faith Promise? Anyone who wants to trust God and who wants to be used of God to get the Good News to the unreached can make a Faith Promise commitment (Luke 6:38, Proverbs 11:24-25).
8. How long does my Faith Promise commitment last? Generally, Faith Promise commitments are made once a year during a mission’s conference or convention. The weekly or monthly or annual commitments extend for one year from that time.
9. Is Faith Promise a pledge I commit to pay even if my income goes down during the year? Faith Promises differ from other kinds of giving such as pledges. Pledges are largely horizontal since they are made to a church or some other worthy cause. Pledges are often the basis on which a church takes out a loan to do a construction project. Faith Promise giving is more vertical, since it is made between the believer and the Lord.
10. What is the advantage of Faith Promise giving? One major advantage in giving to missions on a per week or per month basis is that you can give far more to missions that way than you can by giving one or two big sacrificial gifts per year. Faith Promise enables you to give to missions in amounts that reflect what you'd like to do. Faith Promise enables you to reach out to the unreached on a regular basis (rather than just one or two special occasions during the year.
" He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." - Acts 1:7 (NIV)
History of Faith Promise at Kirkpatrick Church of Christ from 1995 through 2018